Coronavirus spread is happening unabated across India as in the rest of the world. Worrying financial implications and trends have started to emerge. Large IT/ITeS companies have identified coronavirus victims and have asked employees to work from home. More will follow this.
Enterprises and organizations that can swiftly move technology work capacity to digital platforms will be able to reduce the impact of the pandemic and continue to address their customers almost unhindered. This coronavirus problem has brought forward the risk of putting focus on daily operational needs instead of investing in digital business and long-term adaptability.
Enterprises and their leaderships should take proactive steps now to maintain as much operational continuity as possible. CIOs, in particular, can immediately look to expand ‘access to the organization’s workforce to ensure that they continue to serve customer demand.
5 Benefits of Expanding‘access’ for the digital workforce
As the virus continues to spread, companies, as well as government, is encouraging people to avoid unnecessary travel or large gatherings. Enterprises are asking more people to work from home. This is to ensure an increase in social distance, which can limit viral spread.
- Business Continuity – Keep the workforce productive even in the face of crises, be it a power outage, virus outbreak or natural calamity.
- Increased Productivity – Saved employee time converts into business growth.
- Costs Effective – Reduced OPEX on office space and maintenance.
- Empower End User – Provide mobility and flexibility to end-user.
- Enable a Diverse Workforce – Anytime, anywhere computing for remote employees.
6. Checks for CIOs to Find a Workplace Virtualization solution
CIOs need to look for a workspace virtualization solution that empowers their workforce to work from home without compromising the security, saving considerable amounts of time &peace of mind during the ongoing pandemic. The right solution needs to enable end-users to securely access the corporate infrastructure from any unmanaged devices working at any location. Six key checkboxes need to be ticked before finalizing any such solution:
- Secure Remote Access – Secure remote access with ZERO data trails on end device.
- Two Factor Authentication – Enable strong MFA with device-based authentication.
- Device Scans for Compliance – Scan endpoint to check all security compliance.
- Hassle-Free Endpoint Management – Control over Endpoint with device-based application access.
- Instant Application Access – Simplified virtual application delivery of business apps.
- Detailed Audit Logs – Track access patterns with complete reporting of user logons & activity.
Leverage technology to address the challenge on hand
Whether a business experiences unexpected slowdown or risks and lulls during the outbreak of pandemic of such proportions, the CIO needs to ensure IT systems are prepared for them or can adapt to them quickly. Situations like these demand expansions of horizons and adopting agile processes to enable fast shifts of physical and digital resources.
How Accops can help?
Accops Systems announced its full-fledged support towards enabling the corporate workforce to work from home (WFH) amid the Coronavirus threats by offering complimentary Accops Workspace Virtualization licenses for 3 Months up to 50 users to all enterprises who securely wish to plan work from home for their employees. Accops offers VDI, SSL VPN, MFA and App virtualization solutions. Accops is also offering unlimited complimentary Accops Workspace Virtualization licenses to NGOs for 1 Year.For the 3 Months free licenses for WFH, enterprises can reach out to Accops Systems at email@example.com or call +912067190131.
Views expressed in this article are the personal opinion of Vijender Yadav, CEO, Accops Systems Pvt Ltd, India.