For availing certain basic banking facilities such as cash withdrawal, TDS & Form 16 Certificate issuance, New Cheque Book Requisition and several other services, customers can now avoid visiting bank branches and simply avail them sitting at home amid the pandemic.
All this can be done due to the Doorstep Banking Services (DBS) offered by public sector banks (PSBs).
The PSB Alliance Doorstep Banking Services can b availed by the customers of State Bank of India (SBI), Punjab National Bank (PNB), Union Bank of India (UBI), Bank of Baroda (BOB), Bank of India (BOI), Canara Bank, Central Bank of India, Indian Bank, Indian Overseas Bank (IOB), UCO Bank, Bank of Maharashtra and Punjab & Sindh Bank.
Services Included under DBS
a) Pick up Services (From Customer and deliver to Branch)
Cheques/Instruments for Clearing / Collection
New Cheque Book Requisition
Standing Instructions Request
IT/Govt / GST Challan with Cheque
Digital Life Certificate (through Jeevan Pramaan App)
b) Delivery Services (Pick up from Branch and deliver to Customer)
Term Deposit Advice
TDS & Form 16 Certificate issuance
Pre-paid instrument / Gift Card
Demand Draft, Pay Orders
Cash Pick up (Deposit)
Cash Delivery (Withdrawal)
To avail the cash pick up and delivery services, a minimum of Rs 1,000 needs to be deposited or withdrawn, while the maximum limit is Rs 10,000 at present. These financial services may be availed by using AePS (Aadhar enabled Payment System) or through Debit Card.
For availing the DBS, a customer needs to register himself/herself in Doorstep Banking App either through mobile or on laptop/desktop computer. The registration is done through mobile OTP.
To place DBS request after registration, you have to do the following:
- Log in Doorstep Banking App and select the bank.
- Put your account number/PIN and submit.
- On validation, an OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP and submit the ‘confirm’ button.
- On successful OTP validation, the App displays (Bank Name, Account No. (masked), Name, A/c Type and Branch Name.
- Select the service request you want to place, number of instruments and address for pick up.
- Branches within 10 km radius of the pickup address are displayed on the screen. You have to select the branch, preferred time slot for the agent to pick/deliver the instrument.
- Verify the Service Request information along with service charges displayed on the screen.
- On verification, a Service Request No. is generated and you will get a notification via SMS about the assigned agent with the details like, Agent name, Agent photo, contact information, time for Pick up/Delivery & Service Code).
On availing the services, the charges will be debited from your account. Currently, the charges of financial/non financial services for SBI customers are Rs 75 plus GST per service.