India entered its first day of the fourth phase lockdown on Monday which happens to be different from the earlier three-phases in terms of the relaxation given by the centre on areas that do not come under red zones. The states and UTs are also given power to decide over its operation as per the situation.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his last address to nation had already hinted that lockdown 4 will be different. In Lockdown 4 centre will try to slowly uplift restrictions as per the possibilities and requirement.
The Union Ministry of Home Affairs on Sunday notified fresh set of guidelines in which the states and UTs are permitted to decide on the differentiation of various zones, saying that inside the red and orange zones, containment and buffer zones will be marked by the district administration or local urban bodies.
Some aspects such as wearing of face cover mask been made compulsory, while spitting is now punishable and will invite fine, and social distancing is to be followed by all persons in public places and in transport mandatorily. Downloading Aarogya Setu app by all who have compatible mobile phones is compulsory.
List of activities permitted by the centre during the fourth phase lockdown:
– Restaurants shall be permitted to operate their kitchen for home delivery of food items. While canteens at airports, bus depots, and railway stations have been permitted to cater to the stranded Indians returning home.
– The Centre has allowed the movement of public transport both within the state and between other states but with mutual consent
– All the shops such as barbershops and parlors, except those in malls and containment zones, will be permitted to reopen from Monday with limited timings. The local authorities will have to ensure that social distancing rules are followed.
Here’s the list of restriction which will continue to remain imposed in the country in lockdown 4.0:
– Flight services; Metro and rail services; educational institutions; shopping malls, cinema halls, gyms and parks will continue to remain shut
– All religious places and gatherings shall be barred to public. Sports complexes and stadium will be open but entry of spectators will not be permitted.
– For marriage parties, not more than 50 persons and not more than 20 for funeral remains in effect.
– Movement of people is not allowed between 7pm and 7am unless meant for essential services
The new lockdown guidelines will essentially pave the way for most economic activities across the country to restart following the mantra of PM Modi’s ‘Jaan bhi Jahan bhi.’