If you use Internet banking services to operate your account in State Bank of India (SBI), you mandatorily will have to register your mobile number with the lender by December 1, 2018. If you fail to adhere within the deadline, your service will be terminated and you will not be able to access your net banking account after December 1.
The public sector lender has informed all its users on its Internet banking website ‘onlinesbi’ about the updating their registered mobile number through the branch (unless already done) lack of which will lead to the termination of their Internet banking services.
“Attention INB users, please register your mobile number with us immediately, if not already done, through Branch, failing which the Internet Banking Facility may be blocked with effect from 01.12.2018”, notified the SBI on its online website.
This notification is issued in the wake of Reserve Bank of India’s circular dated July 6, 2017, that directed the banks to ask their customers to mandatorily register for SMS alerts and email alerts wherever available email ID is available for electronic banking transactions.
Electronic banking transactions also comprises of Internet banking, mobile banking, and so on.
If you want to check whether your mobile number is registered for the net-banking facility, follow the following steps:
- Go to www.onlinesbi.com and log in using your ID and password
- After login, click on ‘My Account and Profile’ tab on the homepage
- Click on the ‘Profile’ tab that appeared as a scroll down option
- Then click on ‘Personal Details/Mobile’.
- The webpage will then ask you to enter your profile password. Profile password is different from the login password
- After successfully entering profile password, your registered mobile number and email id (if available) will be partially displayed to you.
In case mobile number is not registered, you will be required to visit your bank’s home branch.