Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has launched a new mobile application for Aadhaar holders. This update will help the users in downloading the details of this Aadhaar just by using the app on mobile phones. The app will now carry residents’ Aadhaar number and demographics data, such as Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Address and Photograph on mobile phone. The app can be downloaded via Google Play app store on mobile numbers registered in UIDAI’s database.
“Uninstall any previously installed versions of the mAadhaar app from your mobile. Download and install the NewmAadhaarApp,” UIDAI tweeted.
The mAadhaar can be easily downloaded and installed on your Android and iPhones. Android users can download the new Aadhaar app from here. iOS users can download the new Aadhaar app from here
The new Aadhaar app has two major sections:
1) Aadhaar Services Dashboard – Single window for all Aadhaar online services applicable to any Aadhaar holder
2) My Aadhaar Section – Personalised space for the Aadhaar profiles you add on your App for the selected profile.
Some of the benefits of mAadhaar app are as follows:
1) There is no need to carry the original Aadhaar card wherever you go. You can use the mAadhaar app for fetching all the Aadhar-based services
2) You can lock or temporarily unlock your biometrics anytime with the help of this mAadhaar app
3) In case Aadhaar OTP is not sent to your mobile number due to some issues, you can use the Time-based OTP (TOTP) facility of the mAadhaar app, which will be valid only for 30 seconds.
4) mAadhaar allows users to will be able to share their details using the QR code, thus preventing any data leak.
5)A user can share his eKYC through message or email directly.